Hambleton Equine Clinic GDPR Policy.
Hambleton Equine Clinic are committed to delivering high quality customer service and the high standard for data privacy, security and transparency introduced by the UK data protection law known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Hambleton Equine Clinic Ltd, a company incorporated in England & Wales with registered number 08227877.
The data we hold;
Hambleton Equine Clinic only ask for information about you that we need.
Personal data you give us.
This is data about you that you give us by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, in person or otherwise. It includes data you provide for the purposed of providing our services to you, when you use our services, register with us, subscribe to our services, subscribe to receive information from us, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website or on our social media sites, enter a competition, promotion or survey, interact with our accounting and fee-paying systems and when you report a problem with our website. The data you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone numbers, financial and credit card information, date of birth, names and details of animals owned by you or in your care, details of other service providers and referring vets that you interact with, insurance details and other information pertinent to the provision of our services.
Personal data we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and geographical location;
- analytical information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), services and products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and device type.
Personal data we receive from other sources.
This is data we receive about you from referring vets or other service providers. This data may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone numbers, financial and credit card information, date of birth, names and details of animals owned by you or in your care, details of other service providers and referring vets that you interact with, insurance details and other information pertinent to the provision of our services.
The information we collect from you will include
- Phone number – home and mobile,
- Email address
- Your insurance details
- Yard address
- Horse details
- Referring vet
How we would use this data
We need these details to set you up on our system as a client. We use your home address so we can post invoices, your phone numbers so we can get hold of you and an email to send invoices if you prefer.
From time to time we send out newsletters and would use the postal address or email we have on the Hambleton Equine Clinic database.
To receive marketing information from Hambleton Equine Clinic you need to opt-in by telling a member of staff via email, over the phone or on-line. You can opt out of this at any point by emailing or calling reception.
We will not disclose your personal data to any company outside Hambleton Equine Clinic except to help prevent fraud, or if required to do so by law.
Using your personal data
Personal data you give to us.
We will use this data:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- to notify you about changes to our service, our terms and conditions or our policies;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Personal data we collect about you.
We will use this data:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Data we receive from other sources.
We will combine this data with data you give to us and data we collect about you. We will use this data and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of data we receive).
Hambleton Equine Clinic will not share your information for marketing purposes.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
We need to process your personal data so we can provide you with Veterinary Services. We will also send vaccination reminders via text message to help you keep your horse’s vaccinations up to date. With your permission we send out newsletters and information directly relating to Hambleton Equine Clinic.
- It is necessary for us to process your personal data for performance of the contract between us in relation to the services you have asked us to provide.
- In certain circumstances, we process your personal data after obtaining your consent to do so for the purposes of:
- sending you marketing communications, inviting you to events and professional development courses, keeping you informed of Practice news and notifying you of changes within the Practice.
When we rely on our legitimate interests in order to collect and use your personal data including for the purposes of automated decision making and profiling as set out in Automated decision making below, we must consider whether those legitimate interests are overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms. We may continue only if we decide that your interests, rights and freedoms do not override our legitimate interests.
We have considered these matters, and where we think there is a risk that one of your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms may be affected we will not use your personal data unless there is another legal basis for us to do so (either that it is necessary for us to perform our contract with you, or on the basis of your consent).
Automated decision making
Some decisions within the Practice are made automatically depending on the information you provide or we collect from you. The information may relate to:
- Your normal veterinary surgeon
- Your type of animal (for example Thoroughbred, Sports horse etc).
- Your location
- Clubs and associations you have told us about
How long we keep your personal data
We will keep your personal data as set out below, or as necessary for conducting the business of providing the services to you and completing any contract with you:
- In accordance with the requirements and recommendations of HM Revenue and Customs.
- In accordance with the requirements and recommendations of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)
- In accordance with the requirements and recommendations of the Veterinary Defence Society (VDS).
Disclosure of your personal data
You agree that we have the right to share your personal data with:
- Selected third parties including:
- Veterinary surgeons, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors who act on our behalf for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or for the purpose of communicating with you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Hambleton Equine Clinic Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We may share your information with the following;
- Your Insurance Company, if you make a claim.
- Other Veterinary practices, if you ask us for history transfer or ask for a referral.
- Debt collection companies, if you default on payments.
- Care free credit, if you request this service.
- External consultants, if your horse needs to see a consultant.
- Printing companies, when we print labels for sending newsletters.
- Governing bodies, if your horse is treated at an affiliated event for example.
- Racecourses, if you have a horse treated whilst racing.
- Horse Passport issuing authorities.
- External Laboratories.
GDPR regulations mean that your rights are clearly outlined. We have listed below these rights and how they affect you. The various rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications.
The Right To Be Informed
- You have the right to know how we collect and use your data.
- We only ask for data which we need to conduct our business.
- You have the right to know who we might share your details with.
The Right Of Access
- You have a right to obtain access to your personal data free of charge, except where your requests are unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive, in which case we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to respond. If we refuse we will explain to you why.
- If you would like to see the details we hold for you please call or email us. We will make sure that this is sent to you within one month of the request.
The Right To Rectification
- Should you notice that any of the data we hold for you is incorrect we will rectify the details as soon as practicable and notify any organisations to which we might have sent details. If we refuse to rectify your personal data, we will write to explain why.
The Right To Erasure
- This is also known as the right to be forgotten.This is not a general right to erasure; it only applies in these specific circumstances:
- The personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was original collected;
- When you withdraw consent;
- When you object to the processing of your personal data and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue the processing;
- The personal data was unlawfully processed;
- The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation; and
- The personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child.
- In addition there are exceptions which include where the personal data is processed for the following reasons:
- To exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
- To comply with certain legal obligations;
- For public health purposes; and
- Exercise or defence of legal claims.
- You can ask to be removed from the system, however Veterinary regulations state that we must keep records for 6 years. After this time the records can be destroyed.
The Right To Restrict Processing,
- If you ask us to we will then not use your information to contact you, but we will still need to store the information as required by our regulations,
The Right To Data Portability,
- If you would like us to we will send over the data we hold for you in a format which allows you to use it or send it to other companies. This enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability. This only applies if your data is processed by automated means, and is technically feasible with our IT systems. It is provided free of charge. We will respond to such request within one months, unless the request is complex.
The Right To Object
- You can object to the use of your data for marketing, but we do need to store your records for 6 years.
The Right to Lodge a Complaint
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Rights In Relation To Automated Decision Making And Profiling.
The Right to Withdraw Consent
If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes.
Where we store your Data
Personal Data is stored securely on the Hambleton Equine Clinic server. Documents are stored securely within the clinic.
Consequences of Failing to Provide personal Data
If you do not provide us with your personal data we may not be able to provide you with the veterinary services you require. Please talk to our Practice Manger about this if you have concerns.
Changes to our Data Protection Policy
Hambleton Equine Clinic’s Data Protection Policy is amended and updated from time to time. The most up to date policy can be found on Hambleton Equine Clinic’s website.
Contact us about Data Protection
Any questions or queries you have about Hambleton Equine Clinic’s Data Protection Policy should be addressed to the Practice Manager via email using email@example.com . This is also the best way to update your contact details or make any changes to your account.